Pathfinder Social science -VI
The Pathfinder Social Science Provides you with all you need to achieve and accomplish the learning goals in accordance with the latest education pattern. This series has been developed by renowned authors, who are masters in their subject with proven records of helping students achieve top grades.
As the new education pattern involves activity-based learning and use of ICT as important factors, this series enables you to:
Build your knowledge and ability.
Understand the goals and motives presented in the chapter from the section in this chapter given at the beginning of each chapter.
Gain confidence through discussions and debates.
Increase comprehensive understanding through know more and fact file.
Structure understanding and enhance vocabulary though knowledge builder.
Develop connectivity in classrooms with the use of ICT through web source.
Sharper time management and multiple analysis through quiz and multiple choice exercise. Further special feature of the series:
Teachers get support on the latest teaching aids on different topics through teaching aids and or
Extra knowledge on different chapters will be updated through search web.
We have tried our best to make social science an interesting subject. We hope that the series will serve its purpose and would be liked by teachers, taught, guardians and support features of the series, which you can write to us at: email@example.com
Unit 1: what is history?
1. History: our past 5
2. The earliest societies 13
3. The first farmers and herders 21
4. The first cities ( haraooan civilisation) 31
5. Different ways of life 41
6. Early states 50
7. New idea 57
8. The first empire: mauryan empire 64
9. Early middle kingdoms: the golden age 73
10. Contacts with distant lands 79
11. Political developments (gupta empire) 85
12. Political developments - harshvardhana 93
13. Political developments - pallavas and chalukyas 99
14. Culture and science 105
Unit 2: our habitat
15. The earth in the solar system 114
16. Globe: latitudes and longitudes 122
17. Motions of the earth 130
18. Maps: our best guides 138
19. Major domains of the earth 147
20. Major landforms of the earth 16
21. Our country: india 167
Unit 3: what is civics?
23. Diversity 185
24. Diversity: prejudice, discrimination and inequality 191
25. The government 197
26. Local government (section i)
the panchayati raj (the three – tier system) 205
27. Local government ( section ii) 215
28. Rural administration or district administrationn 222
29. Making a living – rural livelihoods and urban livelihoods 228