Pathfinder Social Studies-IV
Pathfinder Social Studies is a comprehension series in Social Studies for classes 1 to 5. This series is an endeavour to encourage the children to enquire, explore, discover and rediscover people, places and situation. It conforms to the latest syllabus strictly. The series is made with an attempt to encourage a progressive and dynamic learning experience, strengthened by a motivating assessment process.
Special Features of the Books :
- Goal highlights the main concepts of the lesson giving it a definite direction.
- Amazing Fact shares curious snippets of information.
- Meet me inspires and motivates.
- Value Point is an effort to instil life skills.
- Our heritage is an effort the guide to pupils about our heritage.
- Zone of Assessment contains picture based activities to enhance power of observation and association.
- Exercises is the form of various question to check the retention capacity of pupils.
- Projects in each chapter to promote activity-based learning.
- Life Skills in each chapter help students make decision, solve problems, think critically and creatively.
- Web Links give references to relevant websites for further reading.
Unit 1: About Our Country
1. Our Motherland 11
2. The Northern Mountains 15
3. The Northern Plains 21
4. The Western Desert 27
5. The Plateau 32
6. The Coastal Plains and the Islands 37
7. The Climate of India 43
Unit 2: Resources and their Utilization
8. Kind of Soils 50
9. Our Forests and Wildlife 56
10. Our Water Resources 62
11. Mineral Resources 67
12. Animal Wealth of India 72
13. Human Resources 75
14. Our Agriculture 79
15. Industries in India 85
Unit 3: Our Lifelines
16. Means of Transport 90
17. Means of Communication 95
Unit 4: Land and People
18. People of the Northern Mountains 99
19. People of the Northern Plains 105
20. People of the Desert 110
21. People of the Plateau Region 113
22. People of the Western Coastal Plains and the Islands 119
23. People of the Eastern Coastal Plains and Islands in the Bay of Bengal 123
Unit 5: Our Culture and Heritage
24. Religions, Languages, Festivals and Customs 127
25. Art and Architecture 132
Unit 6: How We Govern Ourselves
26. Our Rights and Duties 137
Map Practice 143